1. set goals and mentally prepare. Before you start your abdominal exercise and workout you need to set goals and mentally prepare. This way will ensure that you achieve your aims. If you dive into an abdominal training regime without thinking about what you want to achieve and how you want to or are going to achieve it, then it is more than likely that you will fail before you’ve even started.
2. Get a piece of paper and a pen and write down your answers to these questions:
- Do you really want to lose your abdominal fat?
- Are you willing to work as hard as you need to achieve this goal?
- If you lost your abdominal fat, what will that change in your life? What will actually do for you?
- What would happen if you let go of this ideal and focused on other goals?
4. Your next challenge is to write down your goals. Write down your short term goals such as:
– I want to lose one inch around my abs within one week
– I want to lose six inches around my abs within twelve weeks.
– I want to continue my training programme after this time to maintain the firmness in my abs”
5. Write three or four goals down and stick them on your bedroom wall or in a place where you will see them everyday. This will keep you focused on the task and motivate you to do that one last sit up or one last crunch.
Do not underestimate the importance of this step. This part of the process is essential not just to lose your excess abdominal fat but also for any fitness programme or regime you embark upon.